Re: conversion texmacs/word

  • From: Alexandre Abbes <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: conversion texmacs/word
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 13:24:17 +0200

Thank you very much, this answers  my questions,

Best,

A Abbes

On 05.09.21 09:53, Frank wrote:
Hi,

I don't think it possible to convert perfectly from proprietary non-open
formats like docx. Concerning conversion to html, mathml is supported, and it
could be enabled in the preferences. See
https://www.texmacs.org/tmdoc/main/convert/html/man-html.en.html and
https://texmacs.github.io/notes/docs/tm-and-html.html for a reference.

Best,
Frank

于 2021年9月5日 UTC 上午7:43:22, Alexandre Abbes <address@hidden> 写到:
Hello,

I am using texmacs and openoffice, and I would like to be able to
communicate with  my colleagues who are mostly using msword, and the
docx format.

 I am trying to convert texmacs documents to msword documents (docx),
and conversely. But I do not have msword, only openoffice, that cannot
read well math formulae.

  ->When using html as intermediary format,

* in the sens texmacs>html, the math are not translated as mathml by
texmacs, but as images (not scalable).

* In the sens docx>html, the tool /pandoc/ with the flag --mathml
translates the formulae well, it is ok to open the converted file with
the browser. But texmacs does not open the html file. (??) When the flag
--mathml is not set with /"pandoc"/, then texmacs opens the file, the
formulae are displayed as pure latex between $ $.

-> when using latex as intermediary format, texmacs does not open
"longtable" generated by pandoc (but latex compiles)

**Is it possible to integrate the mathml format in texmacs (import/export) ?

** Is there a well known easy way to do tm <-> docx?

 Best,

Alexandre Abbes