Re: replacing diff by d

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: replacing diff by d
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:53:55 +0000

It seems to me that it would take some work to do it through the TeXmacs editor, as I have not been able to use the replace tool for that (when it is displayed in its own widget it works for me for text, when it is "compressed" it does not work for that either).

To go around this, I would open the TeXmacs document in a text editor, see how <diff> and d tab tab are represented there and use the replace facility of the text editor to do the replacement.

I do not know if there are downsides; JvdH recommends not to edit a TeXmacs file in a text editor: see e.g. http://www.texmacs.org/tmdoc/devel/format/language/syntax.en.html: "On the other hand, TeXmacs syntax makes style files difficult to read and is not designed to be hand-edited: whitespace has complex semantics and some internal structures are not obviously presented. Do not edit documents in the TeXmacs syntax unless you really know what you are doing."

But I tried it and it worked, you may try it too.

Giovanni