Re: shortcuts for \;

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: shortcuts for \;
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 01:26:38 +0100

Hi Vincent,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 01:00:41AM +0100, vincent douce wrote:
> i confirm that these work very fine :
> ("space space" (begin (make-hybrid) (insert ";") (kbd-return) ))
> ("; ; ;" (begin (make-hybrid) (insert ";") (kbd-return) ))
> ("z z" (begin (make-hybrid) (insert ";") (kbd-return) ))
> it is very useful for me to realize more quickly some alignments in blocks,
> as a pity but better than nothing way to align things

This is a very complicated way to do things.
As you can see in 'latex-kbd.scm', you can directly do

(make-space "0.6spc")

But, once again (I already replied to your question on texmacs-users),
Control+Space does already what you want under MacOS.
You can hit this key-combination several times if needed.
It could happen though that this shortcut gets preempted by some other
application.
In that case, you have to change the system-wide shortcuts so that this
does not happen (or define another shortcut in TeXmacs for the same action).

You can also 'resize' an existing thin or wide space using
Option+Command+Arrows (see Help -> Manual -> Editing tools -> Section 8).
See also Section 7.5.1 of 'The Jolly Writer'.

Concerning alignment in tables, there are also several shortcuts for this,
which are described in the manual and in section 5.3.4 of 'The Jolly Writer'.

Best wishes, --Joris