Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs under Ubuntu 22.04

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: marc lalaude-labayle <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs under Ubuntu 22.04
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:00:13 +0000

The official package does not remove Guile 2, I remember vaguely that Guile 1.8 is "integrated within TeXmacs" (I made up the expression, I do not know better) in that package. Which Scheme to use is a thorny issue, because, this is what I have understood, the current Guile 3 is not supported under Windows; Max Gubinelli did a classification work for the possible Guile replacements (see https://texmacs.github.io/notes/docs/scheming.html).

I do think that the ease of installation helps to get users, which are important for TeXmacs.

G.