Re: copy-pasting non-ASCII characters

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: copy-pasting non-ASCII characters
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 22:38:07 +0100

Thanks to all of you for your help with solving this problem.
I fixed the problem in revision 14085, for the next release of TeXmacs.

Unicode is now standard for East European languages;
it is still possible to use the iso-8859-2 encoding
for the verbatim format via the user preferences.

Best wishes, --Joris

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:04:29PM +0200, Kovács Zoltán wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, Maxime. When copying your input, I get this:
> ‘ffoooâ'¥ĎŐ←„→ČÍĂ®
> [image: image.png]
> Maybe it depends on the language setting?
> Best, Zoltan
>
> Maxime Devos <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. szept. 21.,
> Sze, 12:29):
>

> > On 21-09-2022 10:16, Kovács Zoltán wrote:
> > > I would like to start writing a book with TeXmacs 2.1.1, but I get
> > > horrifying results when trying to paste some non-ASCII texts from a
> > > simple text editor (via the clipboard). I use Ubuntu 22.04. Is this
> > > issue known and present on other platforms? The non-ASCII text is very
> > > simple (I wrote some words in Hungarian, nothing very special.)
> >
> > I tried to reproduce (Guix System, with commit
> > 5a9e3b7c3981f684f601e2d21e8202223b384de9, TeXmacs version 2.1.1, in an
> > UTF-8 locale), by copying the (non-ASCII) text
> >
> > ‘ffoooé’¥ÖÜ←„→ÏÔÊ®
> >
> > from Emacs into TeXmacs. The exact same text appears in TeXmacs; I do
> > not observe any ‘horrifying results’.
> >
> > To investigate the issue, perhaps you could elaborate on what the
> > "horrifying results" are?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Maxime
> >

> --
>
> *Dr. Zoltán** Kovács, MSc*
>
> Institut Ausbildung
>

> *Private Pädagogische Hochschule der Diözese Linz*
> *Private University of Education, Diocese Linz**Salesianumweg 3, 4020 Linz*
> *Mail: address@hidden <address@hidden>*
>
> *Web: www.ph-linz.at <http://www.ph-linz.at/>*

  • Re: copy-pasting non-ASCII characters, TeXmacs, 11/06/2022