Degree and Paragraph signs

  • From: Andreas Gösele <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Degree and Paragraph signs
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 21:43:19 +0200

I'm using TeXmacs 2.1.1 with a German keyboard under Ubuntu 22.04.2. At
least two keys are not working as expected:

1. "Shift+^" should produce the degree sign "°" and does so in any other
application. Enabling "Show key presses" informs me that I pressed
"degree", but with the default font Roman, TeXmacs displays a sign which
looks like a small capital theta (with a tilde, instead of a straight
line in it). If I export directly to pdf or ps, again I see this sign.

If I copy the sign to the clipboard I find there a degree sign. Also,
exporting to LaTeX or Html produces the correct sign. Other fonts show
the right sign.

If I copy a degree sign from some other application it is correctly
shown in TeXmacs, even with the default font.

2. "Shift+3" should produce the paragraph sign "§" and does so in any
other application. Enabling "Show key presses" doesn't show anything and
nothing is produced. This is independent of the font used.

Any suggestions how to solve these two problems?

Thanks a lot!

Andreas Gösele