References

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: References
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:55:03 +0200 (MET DST)

> I have another question concerning references : how can i insert a
> reference to
> another (sub-)section of my document ? For instance, if i want to insert a
> refe-
> rence to a section numbered "2" and called "MySection", do i need to type
> <reference|2> or <reference|MySection> or something else ?

You first have to create the label at the right place,
using [link-icon]->label or E-!. You have to enter a name
for your label and activate the label with RET.
In the case of a numbered equation, the label should be created
inside the equation. In the case of sections, the label should be
created just behind the section title or at the start of the first
paragraph of your section (not inside the section title;
this would give problems when generating table of contents and such).

At a second stage you create the reference using
[link-icon]->reference or E-?. You first enter the name of
the corresponding label and activate the reference with RET.
For references to labels further in the text, you may sometimes
have to update the text (Document->update->all).
Notice also that you may jump to the corresponding label
by double clicking on the reference.

-Joris-