Re: questions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: questions
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:37:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, jy butowiez wrote:

> > - numeric keyboard not recognized by texmacs

This is strange; on my system(s) this works.
Maybe your keyboard settings under X are non standard.

> > -impossible to get \quad or \hspace working, it looks like the command is
> > not a recognized latex command...I believe it should be (?)

You have many possibilities for spacing in TeXmacs in
the Insert->space menu. You may obtain a quad space by
clicking on Insert->space->horizontal->rigid and
entering 1fn as the length (fn stands for the size of
the font, like 10pt).

But I agree that the \quad command should work.
I added it for the next release. In math mode,
I might also introduce the 'space space'
keyboard shorthand for entering a quad-space.
You already have the A-space and A-backspace
shorthands for entering small positive resp.
negative amounts of horizontal space.

-Joris-

  • questions, jy butowiez, 09/26/2001
    • Re: questions, Joris van der Hoeven, 09/26/2001