Re: changing the menu bar font

  • From: "Sebastian C. B. Sauer" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: changing the menu bar font
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:41:17 +0100

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, David Allouche wrote:

> On Sunday 16 December 2001 23:41, Sebastian C. B. Sauer wrote:
> > Is there an easy way of changing the menu bar font? I would much prefer
> > having a sans-serif font for the menu.

> So you will have to change this font. A quick look in TeXmacs
> initialization
> files has not revealed any command used to set the default font, so I
> assume
I had a deeper look into the scheme scripts & like you I found nothing
appropriate.

> you have to change the font defined in the source.
>
> The default font is defined in src/Window/X/x_font.gen.cc in the
> x_display_rep::default_font method (line 199).
>
> Here you will find the following statement:
> return tex_ec_font (this, "ecrm", 11, 300);
>
> Just change "ecrm" to "ecss" to have TeXmacs use a sans-serif font. Of
> course

> I consider this to be easy, but I understand some people are not
> confortable with tweaking source and recompiling software.

I am. Thanks for your source investigations and digging that up for me. that
makes the rest pretty
straight forward.
However I was hoping (and still hope) that were would be a _cleaner_
solution. e.g. by scheme scripting

> > so long,
>
> And thanks for all the fish.
yeah, good old d. adams may rest in peace... ...but this spirit is still with
us.

cheers,
sebastian
--
:: scb's terra_digitalis http://swoosh.enemy.org/
:: fingerprint B8A5 31FE 0159 BF8A 1F17 8B81 848F F350 D1CB 5706