Re: changing the menu bar font

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: changing the menu bar font
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:42:11 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Sebastian C. B. Sauer wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, David Allouche wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 16 December 2001 23:41, Sebastian C. B. Sauer wrote:
> > > Is there an easy way of changing the menu bar font? I would much prefer
> > > having a sans-serif font for the menu.
>
> > I consider this to be easy, but I understand some people are not
> > confortable with tweaking source and recompiling software.
>
> I am. Thanks for your source investigations and digging that up for me.
> that makes the rest pretty
> straight forward.
> However I was hoping (and still hope) that were would be a _cleaner_
> solution. e.g. by scheme scripting

There will be a command line option '-fn TeXfont' in
version 0.3.5.12 and higher. For instance, '-fn ecss11'
would yield a sans serif font. If I don't forget about it,
I will also add a scheme command for setting the default font.

Best regards,

-Joris-

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor