Re: Header in article style

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Header in article style
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:54:59 +0100

> Dear TeXmacs-users,
> could you please tell me how to remove the header in the
> article doc style mode? I haven't found in the pulldown
> menu to customize the header/footer.

As far as I know, you have to modify by hand the variables <odd page header>
and <event page header>.

In the article style, these variables are set in every {section} or
{appendix} macro expansion. However they are set using the <odd-header> and
<even-header> functions.

So you can remove the display of the section title and number by changing
these functions. Paste the following definitions at the beginning of your
document, and it will do.

<assign|odd-header|<func|s|<assign|odd page header|<format|no first
indentation><htab|5mm><quote|<apply|page number>>>>>

<assign|even-header|<func|s|<assign|even page header|<format|no first
indentation><quote|<apply|page number>>>>>

> I want to remove it because my installed TeXmacs only made
> a right header on odd page-number, otherwise the wrong one
> in the even page-number... example:

Quite normal, on a bind document, odd pages are on the right and even pages
on the wrong (or is it on the left?) :-)

> in odd-page-number:
> Menginstal TeXmacs(*) 1
>
> in even-page-number:
> 2 Section 3
>
> (*) is the title of section 2. The title in section 3 is not
> shown in header. I don't know whether I made a mistake during
> installation or not.

That is not a bug, that is a feature. I do not think either this feature is
very appropriate for the article style, it should only belong in the book
style.

As I said, the header is set by section and appendix macros. So the header of
a page is determined by the last section or appendix title on the page. I
guess your section 2 starts on page 1 and your section 3 starts on page 2.

Since the article style is used for small documents, very often, sections do
not span two pages. So, very often, the odd page header appears out of sync
with the even page header.