Re: Generated content and multicolumn documents

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Generated content and multicolumn documents
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:18:23 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, David Allouche wrote:

> I have noticed that TeXmacs do not handle properly generated content in
> multicolumn documents. More generally, generated content is actually
> generated only if it is located at the root of the document. In particular,
> multicolumn text is done by using a <with|nr columns|2|...>, so
> bibliographies, table of contents, etc. are not generated if they are
> placed
> in a multicolumned region of the document.
>
> I also noticed that when you regenerate the automatic text, the cursor gets
> moved to the end of the last generated element. I understand that can be
> considered a feature when you regenerate a specific part of the document,
> you
> are moved to the part that have just changed. But I find it inappropriate
> when, like me, you are just lazy and always do "Update All".
>
> So, surprise, I made a patch that fixes it all.

Thank you for all your patches,
which which will be included in the next version of TeXmacs.
I made a few modifications in them; please test whether everything
works fine when the next version will be released.

Happy end of the old year,

Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor