Re: Spanish/French pages in the wiki. Logo contest. ScreenShots

  • From: Stephane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Spanish/French pages in the wiki. Logo contest. ScreenShots
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:52:49 +0100

On Tue, 01 Jan 2002, Álvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> Hello all, and happy new year
>
> I have set up TeXmacsEspanol, TeXmacsFrancais and TeXmacsDeutch to deal
> with
> language-specific issues. The top priorities (stated in the Espanol and
> Francais pages, I do not know german) are
>
> * To translate the texmacs description (TeXmacs in the wiki). This has
> already been done for spanish. However, now that the TeXmacs description is
> wikified and before translating it we might gave a try at making it better
> still.
>
> * to translate TeXmacsTutorial.
>
> * to translate UserManual
>
> * to coordinate interface translations.
>
> * to provide support in their mother tongue to lots of TeXmacs users.
>
> Logo
>
> The tmr (=texmacs resources) logo you see in the upper left corner is just
> png image to avoid gifs. The actual logo could be yours!. Please submit any
> idea you may have, it will very likely be __much__ better than the current
> image.

We need the logo simple enough to that we can make a favicon.ico out
of it or two (one for texmacs.org and another for the wiki website).
BTW: I am searching a linux tool to generate that icon, I have
only found a windows one. This is not so surprising given that
favicon.ico was originally a M$ convention.

This file on the root of a website is used to annotate bookmarks or
icon of existing browsing sessions. For example, with site supporting
that convention, i can see at a glance which konqueror session is
browsing which site. An added benefit is to avoid 404 error in
the website log.

--
Stéphane Payrard -- s.payrard@@wanadoo.fr

# mailstat
Most people don't type their own logfiles; but, what do I care?