Physics related symbols -- suggestions

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Physics related symbols -- suggestions
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:26:33 +0100

Hi all.
I'm doing som physics work in TeXmacs and have run into some problems.
My keyboard is swedish and I'm using Linux btw.

(1) How do I type the ° (degree sybol, a small ring) in TeXmacs? (both
math and regular mode). It's not on the usual key, and I can't find it
anywhere else. In math mode you can kind of emulate this using ^o or
something, is this how it's intended?

(2) How do I make a 'dagger' symbol in math mode? It's absolutley
necessay when writing about quantum mechanics! If there's any way to
type it I'd be very grateful for a reply. There is the 'creuz' symbol,
which looks a bit like the dagger, but it'd be nice to have the real thing.

(3) Is it possible to type an 'Å' (thats an A with a ring on top, used
for the length unit Angstrom) in math mode without getting a red character?
I assume this means that the character is not available in the math
font, which is ok. However it'd be nice if it would become black when
exporting to postscript.

From my physics point of view it'd be nice if all these symbols and
the strikethrough h (\hbar) were available in the misc symbol menu. Is
this too physic centered or would it be ok?

I'd be thankful for any answer to my questions, especially on how to
create the dagger.

Best wishes
Ulf Ekstrom, Sweden.