Re: Two questions...

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Two questions...
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:28:17 -0500

Hi.

I am a newbie to TeXmacs, but i am trying to use it in the most of my
documents. At this moment I am writing my thesis and I want to make it
using primary TeXmas (eventually I use other package for image or data
manipulation, but all the writing is made in TeXmacs).

There is a Institute in my country which establish the standards for
thesis presentation, so I want to use TeXmacs Styles for that standards,
but I dont undertand Styles very well. I was trying modifiying a
pre-existent sytle and I get some minor things but I think that major
changes are still dificult to me. I need to familiarize with the TeXmacs
grammar for styles, but because of my thesis I have no enougth time to
get this knowledge now, so I was thinking that may be someone with more
experience can help me with that. I can help with other task no so
time-learning consuming (like translations) or documenting the way that
this someone help me creating new styles for my thesis. Because I am a
newbie a think that this documentation would be very helpfull for
another newbies trying their styles. I think that this documentation can
be F.A.Q/tutorial oriented, something like:

Newbie: I want to define a Introduction Style for my thesis/book/article
and I want this style makes that the "introduction" enviroment looks in
this way:

Page Border
| ^

| |

| |

| (5 cm)

| |

| |

|-------(center of page)--INTRODUCTION--(center of page)----|
| |

| |

| (Double space)

| |

|<--(2 cm)--Body of text for Introduction (bla,bla bla,--(2 cm)-->|
| (bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla bla, bla, bla
|
| (bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla bla, bla, bla
|
| :
|
| :

|--------(center of page)--page numeral--(center of page)---------|
| |

| |

| (3 cm)

| |

Page Border

The page numeral an the bottom of page is in roman numerals, i.e. i, ii,
iv, and so on. How can I do it?

Guru: (Here comes the expert's answer).

I think that a tuturial style with specific examples can help a lot a
newbies and then they can extrapolate the answer to a more specific task
or a different one.

At this moment I propose this question to start the tutofaq:

Newbie (me :-) ): I want to make a table for a survey that looks in this
way:

Mark in the right with a X the proper option for every question :

|---------------------------------|
| | Options |
| Questions |-----------|
| | Yes | No |
|Item1 + question1 text | | |
|Item2 + question2 text | | |

Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Guru: (here comes your part, I will be waiting ;-) ).

Tnx a lot and keep the good work.

Cheers,

Offray Vladimir