Re: Spanish Translation of Introduction to Maxima using TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Spanish Translation of Introduction to Maxima using TeXmacs
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:31:49 -0500

Hi Juan Pablo,

Tnx for the translation. I am also a member of the maxima mailing list
and I think that this is a valuable work for spanish speakers. At this
moment the people on the maxima list is preparing the version 6.0 for
maxima and also they are writing the Maxima Book. The work of
documentation behind Maxima Book is stoped now, because the developers
are more focused on debug, testing, and discution on the ver. 6.0. But i
encourage you to take a look of the maxima book ( I forgot the url but
you surely can find it on the Maxima home page). Your help/comments
would be very nice.

About the translated document I think that in the first example in the
section "Calculo" the document starts defining a function then you
diferenciate respect to x and then you integrate it respect to x. The
intregral looks very different from the original primitive function. May
be would be nice some algebraic manipulation to show how both functions,
the originaly defined and the last one obtained with integrations, are
the same (except from a constant), in the say way that is made in the
"Algebra Lineal" section for the matrix and its inverse.

Cheers,

Offray Vladimir.