Re: How to put a title to a book document

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to put a title to a book document
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:46:09 +0100

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 05:04:57PM +0100, Yves POCCHIOLA wrote:
> I am a new TeXmacs user. I can put easily a title to an article
> document with the insert menu or the dedicated screen button, but for a
> book document I don't know how to do that. I can only put chapter as
> higher document structure. Can somebody explain me how to insert book
> title ? thank you in advance.

At the moment, TeXmacs has no standard macro for book titles. The
reason is that it currently lacks a "vertical fill" feature required
to compose robust title pages.

In later versions (starting with 1.0.0.19) you can use vertical
spacing of "0.33pag" (one third the paper height) to conveniently
compose title pages.

You could also put the following macro definitions (found in the
tmmanual style file) in a personal package file (say,
~/.TeXmacs/packages/mytitle.ts).

___________
<assign|title*|<\macro|name>
<assign|this page header|><assign|this page footer|><vspace|0.33pag>

<format|no first indentation><with|math font series|bold|font
series|bold|font shape|small-caps|font
size|2|<htab|0fn><arg|name><htab|0fn\
>><format|new page>

<assign|this page header|><assign|this page footer|><vspace|0.33pag>

<format|new page>
</macro>>

<assign|title|<macro|body|<expand|title*|<arg|body>>>>

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org