Re: Rotate and resize images

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Rotate and resize images
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:26:43 +0100

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 12:27:48PM -0600, Forringer, Ted wrote:
> I am inserting postscript images into my TeXmacs document, and would
> like to be able to resize/rotate these images from within TeXmacs. Is
> this possible?

TeXmacs can resize and crop images. It cannot rotate images (yet?).

> I know that when I backspace over an image I get
> <postscript|image.ps|||||||>
>
> Can I do something like ...
> <postscript|image.ps|5 in||90||||>
>
> ... to resize the image to 5 inches horizontally and rotate 90 degrees?

<postscript|image.ps|5in||90mm||||>

Will indeed resize the image to 5in horizontally (note that no space
must be inserted between the length value and the length unit) and
crop 90mm off one edge (bottom or left, I am not sure).

More documentation on the postscript element should be written. Any
help appreciated.

If you want to experiment, you should also know that you can use
factors (like "*2", "/3" or "*4/5") in the second and third parameters
of the postscript element. Parameters 2 and 3 are for scaling (accept
factors and lengths), parameters 4 to 7 are for cropping (acception
only lengths).

See also the wiki[1] for information about lengths. That should be
moved in in the online documentation, but I currently lack the time to
do so.

[1] http://alqua.com/tmresources/how%20to%20use%20length%20units

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org

  • Re: Rotate and resize images, david, 12/03/2002