How to chose between different dictionaries for the same language

  • From: Ralf Treinen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: How to chose between different dictionaries for the same language
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:58:44 +0100

Hi,

I'm wondering what would be the best way to handle different dictionaries
for the same language. In german, for instance, there are two different
dictionaries for two different spellings: the old one, and the reformed
one which was introduced some 5 years ago. In debian, we have two
corresponding ispell dictionaries for german: ingerman and iogerman,
which would be invoked by ispell as "-d ngerman" and "-d ogerman"
respectively.

Maybe the best way would be to provide a way in the guile-interface
to define the preferred dictionary for some language.
Currently I, when building a package for debian, can only hard-code
one of these two into edit_spell.cc, thus attracting the eternal hate
of one half of the native german speakers :-(

-Ralf.