keyboard trouble w/ powerbook

  • From: Ken Feyl <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: keyboard trouble w/ powerbook
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:44:33 -0800 (PST)

Dear List, I've used TeXmacs succesfully for a long time... until today.
Suddenly, I'm getting some weird behavior with the infinity shortcut key and
the minus ("-") sign. Whenever I'm in a superscript in $ formula mode, I get
a capital gamma whenever I type the minus sign and the letters "ffi" whenever
I type @ as the first in infinity's @@ shortcut. This is driving me insane!
That's question #1. Here's question #2.

I had to remap a few keys with xev since my Powerbook has a reduced keyboard.
I mapped the apple key to meta and the option keys to alt and the F7 key to
F5 (so I can hit the integral shortcut). But no matter how many times I tell
the darn thing to use the Alt-key for the A modifier, Meta for the M-modifier
it never recognizes in a given TeXmacs session until I explicitly choose
those menu options! Then it forgets everything the next time I run it, even
though I still get the little dot next to "Map to A Modifier." Still, I must
actually click on it first. Phooey! Any way I can set the defaults once and
for all?

Thanks.

Ken

TheFreeSite.com: Home of the Web's best freebies.
http://www.thefreesite.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag