keyboard trouble update

  • From: Ken Feyl <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: keyboard trouble update
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 00:56:04 -0800 (PST)

So peoplez, I made a couple discovery. Regarding the thing that looks like
gamma, I see it only in Roman and New Roman fonts?Concrete and Adobe are
fine. Actually, instead of the gamma, I get an X-like cross using New Roman
font. Infinity doesn't work in either of the two either. Once again,
remember, I'm witnessing this behavior only in subscripts and superscripts.
Typed on the "base level," it's fine. Trying to think back to potential
causes? I know I was doing something extra-complex today and it had to unpack
a few extra fonts?could that have somehow messed up the good stuff? Anyway, I
guess I could use Concrete and Adobe, but they're !@#$%^ ugly, so I'd rather
not.

Still no solution yet to the Alt-Meta-A-M-default issue. Any ideas?

Ken

--- Ken Feyl <address@hidden> wrote:
>Dear List, I've used TeXmacs succesfully for a long time... until today.
>Suddenly, I'm getting some weird behavior with the infinity shortcut key and
>the minus ("-") sign. Whenever I'm in a superscript in $ formula mode, I get
>a capital gamma whenever I type the minus sign and the letters "ffi"
>whenever I type @ as the first in infinity's @@ shortcut. This is driving me
>insane! That's question #1. Here's question #2.
>
>I had to remap a few keys with xev since my Powerbook has a reduced
>keyboard. I mapped the apple key to meta and the option keys to alt and the
>F7 key to F5 (so I can hit the integral shortcut). But no matter how many
>times I tell the darn thing to use the Alt-key for the A modifier, Meta for
>the M-modifier it never recognizes in a given TeXmacs session until I
>explicitly choose those menu options! Then it forgets everything the next
>time I run it, even though I still get the little dot next to "Map to A
>Modifier." Still, I must actually click on it first. Phooey! Any way I can
>set the defaults once and for all?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Ken

>TheFreeSite.com: Home of the Web's best freebies.
>http://www.thefreesite.com

>Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
>6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

TheFreeSite.com: Home of the Web's best freebies.
http://www.thefreesite.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

  • keyboard trouble update, Ken Feyl, 01/09/2003