Re: macro for file name

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: macro for file name
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:19:13 +0100

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 03:38:02PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have the name of the file I edit in the footer of my
> document to retrieve it easely whenever I have a printed copy of it.
> Is there a macro for this ?

None that I know, but you can easily make one using the extern primitive.

<assign|file-name|<macro|<extern|get-name-buffer>>>

You need to select "Prompt on script" or "Accept all scripts" in
"Edit->Preferences->Security" for this to work though. A more fine
grained authorization system is planned.

> BTW, where can I find in the documentation a list/index of all the pre-built
> macro ?

You can look in "Help->Manual->Summary of principal TeXmacs tags". You
may also generate the full documentation with "Help->Full
Manuals->..." or if you are patient "Help->Online help->Browse web"
then "Help->Full manuals->Compile book". Then you can
"Document->Update->All" to generate the index. Tags appear in green.

Currently there is no way to make an automatic documentation of all
defined macros and functions. So if the documentation does not suite
you, the other options are:

-- read the style files;
-- contribute to the documentation;
-- write an automatic documentation generator for styles in Scheme.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org

  • macro for file name, Sebastien . deMentendeHorne, 01/09/2003
    • Re: macro for file name, david, 01/09/2003