Re: changing section to subsection

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: changing section to subsection
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:47:32 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:22:21PM +0100, Parrenin Frédéric wrote:
> Dear texmacs-users,
>

> I don't find how to change quickly a section title to a subsection
> title.

TeXmacs has a nifty and grossly under-advertised feature which is
called 'structured variants' which does exactly that (and more, see at
the end of the file circulate.scm for a list of all available
variants).

Simply place the caret inside the section heading and press Ctrl-Tab
(or Ctrl-Shift-Tab to circulate in reverse).

The only problem is that the most commonly window managers escape
these keychords (generally to change workspaces). One solution is
change your window manager configuration.

The other solution is put this code in your
~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs file:

(exec-file "$TEXMACS_PATH/progs" "init-texmacs.scm")

(set-keymap (always?)
("C-space" (variant-circulate #t))
("C-S-space" (variant-circulate #f)))

To bind Ctrl-space and Ctrl-Shift-space (unbound by default).

> In a classical document editor ala M$-Word, you just have to put the
> cursor inside your title paragraph and change the paragraph style from
> title1 to title2 (or someting like that).
> In texmacs, if I put the cursor inside the title and use Alt-2, the
> first part of the title stays in a section title style and the second
> part go into a new subsection title style.

You are right, TeXmacs should be able to do that too. Anyone willing
to do a bit of Scheme hacking?

> Even if I select the entire title, it is the same problem : a new
> subsection is created after the section title.

This one would make sense too.

> The most simple solution that I have found is cut the title of the
> section, create a new subsection, paste the title into a text editor,
> copy and paste back to texmacs.

That used to be the only way... things keep improving.

> Remark : Is there no way to copy raw text into TeXmacs ? You can just
> copy in HTML, TeXmacs, Latex... formats !

You must use Verbatim format (well... maybe text would by more
explicit...).

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org