Re: bibliography not exported in html

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bibliography not exported in html
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:14:19 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:39:57PM +0100, Parrenin Frédéric wrote:
> I am using texmacs to write scientific articles, and (because everyone
> don't have texmacs installed on his computer), I have to export in html
> to send my co-author a modifiable version.
>
> However, the bibliography and the references in the text are not
> exported.
>
> Is it a known problem ?

The HTML export is known to be quite unsatisfactory. I am working on
improving it, but there is a looooong way to go.

By the way, HTML is a bad choice if you plan to get a modified version
back. The problem is that HTML is much less semantically rich than
TeXmacs. I am not even sure there is a correct semantic way to export
bibliograph information to HTML (if you know one, please tell me).

If your co-author cannot use TeXmacs, I recommand you export to LaTeX.
This converter is quite advanced. And if he is in scientific
publishing he probably knows how to manage that.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org