Re: Footnotes.

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Footnotes.
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:17:15 +0100 (MET)

> How do I assign footnotes? if I use <assign | this page footer | Text>,

I guess that you mean page footers?

> I get to put some text in the bottom of the current page, but I don't
> get a mark somewhere in the text corresponding to this footnote.

Yes, we plan to add such a feature in the future: of course, such a mark
should be visible on the screen but not on the printed output.

> Also, when I put more then one footnote at the same page in this way, the
> second one deletes the first.

If you want a real footnote, then you should use the footnote command:
type "\footnote return".

> Since I do not know if 2 comments will be in the same page or not,
> I cannot put both comments at the same assign command.
>
> Does such a feature exist in TeXmacs?

Yes, but floating material is still a bit "fragile".

  • Re: Footnotes., Joris van der Hoeven, 02/07/2003