A "little" problem with AltGr and Meta keys

  • From: Santtu Pajukanta <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: A "little" problem with AltGr and Meta keys
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 01:44:44 +0300

Hi,

I'm having a little problem with TeXmacs (v. 1.0.1.14-1) on Red Hat Linux 9. The Alt- (Meta) and AltGr (A-modifier in TeXmacs?) keys of my keyboard don't seem to work correctly in TeXmacs, even though they work well anywhere else in X, including Emacs (hitting ESC works as the M- modifier, however). Typing special characters with AltGr or issuing commands with Meta don't work, that is... and none of the remap combinations seem to work, they just screw up the modifier keys everywhere else in X, too.

My keyboard is a standard Finnish layout 105-key keyboard, and I'm using the fi-latin1 keymap, but I don't think they should affect it anyway because the keys do work everywhere else...

Can this be solved?

-- Santtu "Japsu" Pajukanta
-- address@hidden

  • A "little" problem with AltGr and Meta keys, Santtu Pajukanta, 05/25/2003