Some Problems with texmacs.

  • From: Marten Bauer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Some Problems with texmacs.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:54:14 +0200

Hello,

in the past Is asked this questions again, but I got no answer who made me
able to solve my problems.

1. Numbering of theorems with the subsection numberation
When I use the number-long-article package. Then the theorem's (Definition,
corollaray..) are number by the section numberation like this.
6.
6.1
Definition 6.1 Complex number
Definition 6.2 Addition of complex numbers.
6.2
Definition 6.3
In my case I need Definition 6.1 as 6.1.1 and 6.3 as 6.2.1
Is it possible an how? I tried several things but find no solutions.
In Latex it is soemthing like this:
\newtheorem{defintion}{Definition}[subsection]

2. Adding own theorem's
----------------------------
Beside the available theorem's like Definition, theorem... I want to add my
own theorems to my document. For example an theorem called "Definition and
Theorem" and "Helpthereom" and so on. I find out that I can do this in the
env-defaults.ts like this <apply|newtheorem|deftheo|Definition and Theorem>
and it's working when I do it direct in this file. But when I write something
like above into my document it doesn't works. Why not? Where is my mistake?
With latex I can do \newtheorem{deftheo}{Definition and Theorem} and it's
working.

Thx for your help
Marten

  • Some Problems with texmacs., Marten Bauer, 06/20/2003