Re: retrieving page numbers

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: retrieving page numbers
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 01:53:40 +0200

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 06:04:13PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > On Friday 18 July 2003 12:15, you wrote:
> > | On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:09:10AM +0200, Benno Dielmann wrote:
> >
> > I was trying to define some macro/function which does or does not display
> > some
> > argument in dependency of the number of the actual page its call is on.
> > This
> > whould make page-referencing much more flexible.
>
> Once again, from the users point of view, I do not see any problem:

As you CC'ed this mail to me, I assume you expect an answer from me.

It looks like either of us does not understand what Benno wants to do
or either of us has an incomplete understanding of how the "page
number" variable and page references are handled by texmacs.

Since I would not assume that I understand texmacs better than you do,
I will explain more carefully what I think is the expected behaviour.

Have a test on the page number _in the page body_ evaluate to TRUE
sometimes.

The attached document demonstrates that:

In a page body, "page number" is always zero (for the technical
reasons I have explained).

The quality predicate does not operate text displayed by a page
reference.

My conclusion is that there is currently no way to satisfy the
requirement. You seem convinced that it is possible, so I must have
overlooked something. Or maybe I do not understand what Benno means.

--
-- ddaa