Re: Integralsign?

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: Marten Bauer <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Integralsign?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:20:29 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:45:15PM +0200, Marten Bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since a long time I have got the following problem. When I write an
> Integral
> and build the Ingetral Function like
> | Pi/2
> integral(0,Pi/2,sin(x))=-cos(x)| =-cos(Pi/2)+cos(0)=....
> |0
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> Then I have always the problem to write the ^^^ market Array. I tried it
> with
> an big line (braket menu), but when I try to attach an right subscript and
> right superscript then the big line will be shorter. Why?
> How must I do it the right way?

There have been a discussion not long ago about a similar problem. I
do not remember the specifics and I could not find it in my mailboxes.

I have done considerable experimentation involving big delimiters,
separators, using the invisible separators and delimiters, and tables.
And I had arrived at the conclusion that there is no way to get the
result you want. :-(

But...

Suddenly, I saw the light! Remember the trick to have indices and
exponents around matrices? This involves the GROUP primitive.

So here is the trick for your Primitive operator:

(document
(with "mode" "math"
(assign "primitive" (macro "f" "x1" "x2"
(concat (group (concat (big ".")
(arg "f") (mid "|")))
(rsub (arg "x1")) (rsup (arg "x2"))))))
(equation* (document (concat
(big "int") (rsub "0") (rsup (frac "<pi>" "2")) "sin x="
(primitive "cos x" "0" (frac "<pi>" "2"))))))

You can paste this in any texmacs document using
"Edit->Paste from->Scheme".

Who was at the origin of the previous discussion (I believe it
involved brackets as well) please post again. Your problem may be
solveable using a similar trick.

--
-- ddaa