[TeXmacs] Generation of pdf (was Type 3 fonts)

  • From: Torsten Leidig <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Generation of pdf (was Type 3 fonts)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:21:40 +0100

Hi,

there often pop requests for directly generating PDF from texmacs.

I don't know whether you noticed that Acrobat Reader 6.0 does not have a problem with Type 1 nor Type 3 fonts anymore. Both look reasonable well. As far as I know gostscript and so f.e. KDEs Postscript viewer also dont have a problem with uggly fonts.

What I consider a more valuable improvement for texmacs (besides making it faster on Windos/cygwin), is generating pdfmarks for bookmarks and cross reference links in the Postscript output. I think this is even less complicated to achieve.

Es an example you should have a look at html2ps, which is written in perl.

Best regards,

Torsten