Re: [TeXmacs] Compiling under Mac OsX

  • From: Nick Bailey <address@hidden>
  • To: Murali Agastya <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Compiling under Mac OsX
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:04:54 +0000

I don't know the answer to this question, but Fink uses debian package tools, right? That means the source package will have an *exact* copy of the TeXmacs source code (debian guys are very particular about this) and a file with all the diffs which are automatically applied when the debian tools builds the package. So you might be able to get some idea of the answer by looking into the fink source package for the older TeXmacs.

My Linux Dell laptop has just died rather spectacularly, and I've ordered a Mac one to see if I can use OS-X and fink instead, so I may be able to comment in more detail in a few weeks' time :) If OS-X misbehaves, though, it's coming straight off and the powerbook'll be a Linux-only machine, just like the Dell was...

Nick/

Murali Agastya wrote:
Hi,

Martin Costabel may be the person with an answer to this question.
Does one have to make complicated changes to the sources
made available as TeXmacs-1.0.2.x-src.tar.gz so that they can compile under OsX (10.2.x)?
I have successfully compiled the most recent package provided by the fink
(which is TeXmacs-1.0.2.4-1), but would like the ability to try out the
most recent versions as they appear on the TeXmacs site.

Thanks for any help.

Best, Murali

Murali Agastya

--
Dr Nick Bailey, Director address@hidden
Centre for Music Technology http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/

European Copyright Directive/Software Patenting:
Help us fight the war on terrorism.
http://cmt.gla.ac.uk/Info/swpatents.html

The OpenDrama Survey: please tell us your opinions!
http://markov.music.gla.ac.uk/Projects/OpenDrama/OD-Survey/