Re: [TeXmacs] How to: Unbreakable space? and Section format?

  • From: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to: Unbreakable space? and Section format?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:09:54 +0100

Hello,

El Miércoles, 29 de Octubre de 2003 11:17, Joris van der Hoeven escribió:

> Apparently your "ps2pdf" program does not work in the same way as mine.
> Can you please try to export a test file as postscript (say "test.ps")
> and check whether
>
> ps2pdf test.ps test.pdf
>
> converts it into Pdf?

I have opened a TeXmacs file and have exported it to postscript without
problems. After that I converted it using the command line --as you said--
and it worked fine. So, I won't care much about exporting directly to pdf.

Maybe the problem is related with Ghostscript. I am using Ghostscript 7.05.3.

> For the Pdf output, notice also that you should explicitly set
>
> Edit->Preferences->Printer->Font type->True type
>
> in order to use the TrueType fonts.

Great! The pdf files look much better using old Acrobat Reader.

But, I noticed that after setting True Types support sometimes TeXmacs hanged
here, just after start:

javier@enterprise:~> texmacs

TeXmacs] Loading ecrm11 at 300 dpi
TeXmacs] Installed TrueType support

Pressing ^C, the starting process continued without any noticeable problem.

> > When I tried to export the file to HTML, I got this error:

[...]

> That is a bug in David's code. I do not know when he will fix that.

OK. I hope it will be corrected soon because I will need in a week or so an
HTML version of a document I writing. But, no pressure at all.

Thank you again,

Javier