Building TeXmacs 1.0.2.5 with gcc 3.2.3

  • From: Ted Turocy <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Building TeXmacs 1.0.2.5 with gcc 3.2.3
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:07:20 -0600

When I went to build the latest and greatest TeXmacs on my system, gcc 3.2.3 didn't like the assignment at tt_font.cpp:170.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what's wrong with it. :)

I got a successful build by eliminating the local variable text_extents E, and simply writing directly into the T array.

I'm not sure if it was coded the way it was for a reason, so I haven't created a patch, but I can do so if it's worthwhile (even if it is only to placate an annoying compiler. :)

Ted
--
address@hidden -- Assistant Professor, Economics, Texas A&M