Cygwin Version of TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Cygwin Version of TeXmacs
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:33:42 +0200 (CEST)

I am trying to use the cygwin version of TeXmacs, and have a couple of
questions.

1. Is it possible to use a Windows native version of TeX(like Miktex) with
the Cygwin version of TeXmacs, or do you need the Cygwin-teTeX version? If
you can, how do you do that? Just having the Miktex bin directory in the PATH
doesn't seem to work. However, I have a very long PATH. The reason that I'm
asking is that I also use Lyx and it apparently can't use the Cygwin teTeX
packages.

2. Is it possible to use plugins for external sessions in Windows? Do the
applications have to be cygwin apps or can you connect to native Windows
apps(or both)? These would include Matlab, Maple, MuPAD, Maxima, R, Octave,
gnuplot, and Scilab.

  • Cygwin Version of TeXmacs, dickkist, 03/30/2004