Re: [TeXmacs] Cygwin Version of TeXmacs

  • From: Andreas Seidl <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cygwin Version of TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:15:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> 1. Is it possible to use a Windows native version of TeX(like Miktex)
> with the Cygwin version of TeXmacs, or do you need the Cygwin-teTeX
> version? If you can, how do you do that? Just having the Miktex bin
> directory in the PATH doesn't seem to work. However, I have a very long
> PATH. The reason that I'm asking is that I also use Lyx and it
> apparently can't use the Cygwin teTeX packages.

I use Cygwin's TeTeX, so I can only give you a hint. Looking at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2003-06/msg00039.html
it seems that the envireonment variables TEX_TFM_PATH and TEX_PK_PATH have
to be set appropriately. But note that the Cygwin package contains TeTeX
as a dependency, so if you don't want to install it, you have to manually
deselect it.

> 2. Is it possible to use plugins for external sessions in Windows? Do
> the applications have to be cygwin apps or can you connect to native
> Windows apps(or both)? These would include Matlab, Maple, MuPAD, Maxima,
> R, Octave, gnuplot, and Scilab.

Out of the box, only shell and python sessions work for me. As for
Computer algebra systems, I run Reduce, but remotely via ssh, as
interfacing the Windows version did not work. I tried to interface command
line Maple, but it did not work either. As Cygwin contains a clisp package
now, it should not to be too difficult to get Maxima running.

Somebody else who had more success interfacing native Windows
applications?

Best Regards,
Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Cygwin Version of TeXmacs, Andreas Seidl, 04/07/2004