Re: Re: Cygwin Version of TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Re: Cygwin Version of TeXmacs
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 03:50:35 +0200 (CEST)

I use Cygwin's TeTeX, so I can only give you a hint. Looking at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2003-06/msg00039.html
it seems that the envireonment variables TEX_TFM_PATH and TEX_PK_PATH have
to be set appropriately. But note that the Cygwin package contains TeTeX
as a dependency, so if you don't want to install it, you have to manually
deselect it.

I tried the suggestion in that post, and while I'm able to start TeXmacs,
none of the fonts that are in those dirctories are available on the format
menu. Only the fonts in the X-windows and the Foreign menu selection are
there and available. Is there a configuration file for TeXmacs somewhere with
this information in it or is it hard coded?

Out of the box, only shell and python sessions work for me. As for
Computer algebra systems, I run Reduce, but remotely via ssh, as
interfacing the Windows version did not work. I tried to interface command
line Maple, but it did not work either. As Cygwin contains a clisp package
now, it should not to be too difficult to get Maxima running.

Somebody else who had more success interfacing native Windows
applications?

Best Regards,
Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl

ÖÐÎÄèe¹tinadeutschespañolfrançaismagyaritenglish Powered by

  • Re: Re: Cygwin Version of TeXmacs, dickkist, 04/09/2004