Custom Package Problem

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Custom Package Problem
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:50:39 -0400

I am trying to follow the tutorial of creating my own package using version
1.0.3.6.

I created a blank document and selected Document->style->source as intructed
in Help->Manual->Writing you own style files.

Then I followed the instructions on how to type a simple "hi" macro.

I saved the file under $HOME/.TeXmacs/packages and decided to name it
"learning.tp"---My inner guts told me that I had to give it a "tp" extension
so I did. The instructions don't mention this.

The file now resides in the directory and I can confirm that using my file
manager.

The tutorial then mentions that the package should automatically appear under
Document->Use Package. Well it does not. So my guess what that I could use
Document->Use Package->Other... and then type in the name of my package
manually when prompted.

That is what I did. When prompted for what the name of the package, I
entered "learning.tp" (including the extension---I also tried without the
extension)---Again the instructions don't mentions this.

Now at the bottom of the window, TeXmacs displays the name of the
package---telling me that the new package has been loaded.

The instructinos then tell me to type "hi" and hit enter. I do this and
nothing happens.

I also tried typing "\hi" and <ENTER> and still no luck.

This tells me that my new package has not been loaded. So I Do a
Document->Use Package->Other... and when prompted I simply type some junk
"sdsdsdsds.tp". TeXmacs still displays that in the lower-left corner of the
screen. TeXmacs makes me think that the style has been loaded---While I know
that it hasn't because it does not exist! So here I am at a complete loss as
how to write my own package using TeXmacs. The instructions don't help
any---they are outdated or incorrect or incomplete.

Salman

  • Custom Package Problem, skhilji, 04/12/2004