Another Bug in TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Another Bug in TeXmacs
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:20:01 -0400

Regarding my previous post, I noticed that I incorrectly assumed that I had
to give my document the ".tp" extension. I had to use the ".ts" extension
and then, as documented, it appears in the menu.

So now I decided to make a little contribution to the TeXmacs project by
updating the documentation itself a little bit. I continued by adding to the
Help window any changes that I thought would make the instructions more clear.

After spending a nice chunk of 10 minutes, I decided to save it. TeXmacs
complains that the document is Read Only.

Since I have used other "standard" Windows and Linux based applications, I
came with a brilliant idea of using the File-Save As menu to give my document
a different name so that I could save it elsewhere.

I noticed that TeXmacs still complains about the document being read only and
does not allow me to save the document even with a different name and a
different path.

At this polint of time, I told myself, screw it. I will lose my changes.
And thats what I did.

For future, is there any way to save a read only document somewhere else on
the disk?

Salman