Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:35:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 address@hidden wrote:
> I am looking the the TeX logo macro in std-markup.ts. I want to play
> around with it. I Noticed that the actual definition of the TeX Logo
> with things like the <space|> primitive, move, resize etc is hidden by
> default.

In this particular case, yes.

> This must be caused by the <active*|> keyword. Although this primitive
> is undocumented, I can guess that it has to do with activating its
> argument. Can someone please tell me what the difference is between
> active and active*?

Did you read all recent documentation about writing style files?

> I tried to remove the active* word by moving my cursor right before the
> the "macro" word and right before the "TeX" logo itself and tried to do
> a Source->Activation->Disactivate, but to my surprise the Disactive
> option was disabled.

In order to remove the "active*" primitive, you should rather use
structured deletion (A-backspace).

I agree that we need more documentation about such issues,
but since I seem to be the only one who is willing to write some...

> The <space|> primitive takes -0.4spc. How many picas or points is 1 spc
> unit?

That depends on the font. This length unit corresponds to one space in
the default font

> There are other units like 0.5fn. What does fn stand for?

Please search on the Wiki: David Allouche wrote a detailed page
about length units.

> It also says <with|math-level|0|E> Can I have some explanation of the
> math-level variable?

It corresponds to the index level (0: normal text, 1: indexes, 2: subindexes).

  • Some questions, skhilji, 04/19/2004
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Some questions, Joris van der Hoeven, 04/19/2004