Some questions

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Some questions
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:11:21 -0500

I am looking the the TeX logo macro in std-markup.ts. I want to play around
with it. I Noticed that the actual definition of the TeX Logo with things
like the <space|> primitive, move, resize etc is hidden by default.

This must be caused by the <active*|> keyword. Although this primitive is
undocumented, I can guess that it has to do with activating its argument.
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between active and active*?

I tried to remove the active* word by moving my cursor right before the the
"macro" word and right before the "TeX" logo itself and tried to do a
Source->Activation->Disactivate, but to my surprise the Disactive option was
disabled.

The only way I can remove the "activeness" is to edit the style file using my
standard emacs editor. How do I disactivate the macro within TeXmacs?

The <space|> primitive takes -0.4spc. How many picas or points is 1 spc
unit?

There are other units like 0.5fn. What does fn stand for?

It also says <with|math-level|0|E> Can I have some explanation of the
math-level variable?

Salman