Understanding right-flush and left-flush

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Understanding right-flush and left-flush
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:29:29 -0500

I am looking at std-markup.ts. Looking at "Reference Guide For TeXmacs
Primitives", I read something about a "tail-weak" and "head-weak" springs. I
could not visualize as to what the difference is between "right-flush" and
"left-flush", So I tried to type the following without seeing any difference
in the appearance of paragraph 2 and 3. Can someone please provide a good
example that could demonstrate the difference? I also scanned though
overview.tm under TeXmacs/text/test folder but it did not demonstrate these
particular macros.

This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is
a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a simple
test. This is a simple test.

<right-flush>This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a simple
test. <right-flush>This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a
simple test. This is a simple test. <right-flush>This is a simple test.

<left-flush>This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a simple
test. <left-flush>This is a simple test. This is a simple test. This is a
simple test. This is a simple test. <left-flush>This is a simple test.

\;

\;

  • Understanding right-flush and left-flush, skhilji, 04/19/2004