Re: [TeXmacs] source mode slowness

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] source mode slowness
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:31 +0200

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 10:36:33AM +0200, Javier Arántegui Jiménez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I find quite annoying that the shortcut to paste a text is C-y. Could it be
> C-v, like most of the software? Or, how can it be changed easily? Today I
> pasting a lot of text from Kate and I press the wrong keys all the time (I
> am
> an slow learner, you know).
>

> Another question, why editing the source tree is so slow in 1.0.3.5?
> It's much faster using 1.0.3.4.

Because the new source display system which make document sources look
so nice is just horrible for performance.

People used to complain that style files were unreadable, now they will
complain that editing style files is slow.

As usual with Joris, that probably fits in his Grand Plan for World
Domination and these performance issues may be fixed at some point in
the future, probably before texmacs turns into a full-fledged strong AI.

--
-- ddaa

  • Re: [TeXmacs] source mode slowness, David Allouche, 05/02/2004