Re: [TeXmacs] ddaa's status

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] ddaa's status
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:06:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 May 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> Attentive TeXmacs users may have noticed that I have become very quiet
> for a couple of months and that I no longer post my monthly dozen of
> patches on Savannah.
>
> For 16 monthes, from december 2002 to march 2004, I had the privilege to
> be a full-time paid TeXmacs programmer, thanks to the CNRS, IRMAR and
> the territorial collectivy of the city of Rennes, France.
>
> My contract has expired on the 1st of april and I have taken an extended
> leave from all TeXmacs things. I am very grateful to all the people who
> have helped me get the job. During these 16 months, I have learnt a lot
> of things, became a better programmer, and acquired a serious reference
> as an free software engineer.
>
> I am still working a bit on Proclus with Alain Herreman, so I should
> stay mostly aware of what is going with TeXmacs. You will probably hear
> from me from time to time.
>
> Thanks again to Joris, Marie-Françoise Coste-Roy, the IRMAR, the CNRS
> and Rennes-Métropole for that valuable experience.

And thanks to David for all the work he did: better converters from
and to Html, full Unicode tables (to be exploited more and more),
documentation about the TeXmacs primitives and dozens (how many?)
of patches with all kinds of improvements. And last, but not least:
David has always been very helpful to other users and a good
administrator for many tasks on Savannah.

David: I wish you a lot of chance finding a nice job, hopefully in
the area of free software. When time will permit you, I look forward
to hearing again from you.

All the best for the future, Joris