Interaction in CAS through pipes

  • From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs-users ML <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Interaction in CAS through pipes
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 02:26:08 +0100

In continuation to the "Interaction with CAS" and after reading some
TeXmacs docs I have some questions:

Being my CAS writen in scheme (PLT Scheme to be precise), instead of
outputting LaTeX like mentioned in the docs I could output directly the
texmacs trees (I couldn't find a specification of this trees, since the
docs only mentioned the transformers). Outputting directly texmacs trees
would be easier to texmacs to parse and since they are in scheme, maybe
they'd be easier for me to output. Same thing for inputting data into my
CAS. Texmacs could send texmacs trees directly to me so that I could
parse them into my CAS objects.
This way I wouldn't need to have the DATA_BEGIN, DATA_END or DATA_ESCAPE
characters, we could exchange scheme code directly through the pipe.

I can't see this options mentioned in the docs. Please redirect me if I
failed to see them.

Cheers,
--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon