Re: [TeXmacs] libguile14 not found

  • From: Andreas Seidl <address@hidden>
  • To: Alex Vargas <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] libguile14 not found
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 03:40:41 +0200 (CEST)

> $ exec: texmacs.bin: not found
> [1]+ Exit 127 texmacs

First of all, it is not a good idea to have both, the texmacs cygwin
package and texmacs manually installed. Please do a

make uninstall

in the directory you said "make install". Then, call setup.exe once again
and re-install texmacs (either version 1.0.3.3 from the official
distribution or 1.0.3.9 from my server). For details see
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/tmtour.html#2 .

Actually, I did a clean re-install of cygwin and texmacs on a Windows XP
system and verified that both, version 1.0.3.3 from the cygwin
distribution and 1.0.3.9 from my server installs successively.

As described at the above url, I only had to do some mouse clicks and,
after installation, I was able to launch a cygwin window and issue the
commands

XWin -clipboard -multiwindow &
texmacs &

and texmacs launched. (I have the DISPLAY variable set as described at
the above url.) So if this does not work for you, you're doing
something very strange.

Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl

  • Re: [TeXmacs] libguile14 not found, Andreas Seidl, 06/03/2004