texmacs.bin not found (was: libguile14 not found)

  • From: Andreas Seidl <address@hidden>
  • To: Alex Vargas <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: texmacs.bin not found (was: libguile14 not found)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:57:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Alex Vargas wrote:

> I checked and the texmacs.bin is installed under the
> usr\sbin\TeXmacs\bin. However, it always results in "not found". To try
> if I was not installing it correctly, I installed cygwin on a WIN 98 and
> texmacs works fine. I have done exactly the same installation on this XP
> and it does not find texmacs at all, even though the directory is there.
> I am starting to think that the problem is the user accounts. In WIN 98
> cygwin does not have the name@user<mailto:name@user> thing. It only has
> ~.

Could you do a

$ ls -la /usr/sbin/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin

and compare it with my result:

-rwxr-x---+ 1 seidl Benutzer 3103744 Jun 2 09:41
/usr/sbin/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs.bin

Did you install TeXmacs under a different account?

Looking at the texmacs start up script it seems that the only way
texmacs.bin cannot be found is when both the variables TEXMACS_PATH and
TEXMACS_BIN_PATH have a value:

if [ -z "$TEXMACS_PATH" ] ; then
TEXMACS_PATH=/usr/share/TeXmacs
export TEXMACS_PATH
if [ -z "$TEXMACS_BIN_PATH" ] ; then
TEXMACS_BIN_PATH=/usr/sbin/TeXmacs
export TEXMACS_BIN_PATH
fi
else
TEXMACS_BIN_PATH="$TEXMACS_PATH"
export TEXMACS_BIN_PATH
fi

PATH="$TEXMACS_BIN_PATH/bin:$PATH"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$TEXMACS_BIN_PATH/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH+":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"}"
export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I cc your mail to the texmacs list, maybe somebody else has an
explanation. Please direct your replies there too.

Ciao,
Andreas
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl

  • texmacs.bin not found (was: libguile14 not found), Andreas Seidl, 06/04/2004