Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and maxima

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Peter Ulrich Kruppa <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and maxima
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:25:43 +0700 (NOVST)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> When I start an interactive session, I receive a
> maxima]
> prompt. I can type in something like
> maxima] 5+3;
> but just receive an
> Package 'maxima' not declared
> message at the bottom bar.
If things work correctly, you should not get the
maxima]
prompt. First, you should see the banner produced by Maxima, something
like

Maxima 5.9.0.1cvs http://maxima.sourceforge.net
Using Lisp Kyoto Common Lisp GCL 2.7.0 (aka GCL)
Distributed under the GNU Public License. See the file COPYING.
Dedicated to the memory of William Schelter.
This is a development version of Maxima. The function bug_report()
provides bug reporting information.

(this is from my computer, Maxima here is quite recent). After this
banner, you get the Maxima prompt. If you use a recent cvs Maxima, it is
(%i1)
If you use something older, it is
(C1)
TeXmacs displays it in red. Then you can type your 5+3; it will appear in
blue.

> So my question is: How do I declare maxima to texmacs?
You shouldn't need to. TeXmacs autodetects installed version[s] of Maxima.

> I am running texmacs-1.0.3 and maxima-4.9.0 on a FreeBSD
> -CURRENT machine.
????
There is no such version of Maxima. The current (non-cvs) version is
5.9.0. Which lisp system runs your maxima? And which version? Does Maxima
work from xterm? What does it output, when you just say
maxima
at the command prompt?

Andrey Grozin