Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and maxima - solved!!!

  • From: Peter Ulrich Kruppa <address@hidden>
  • To: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs and maxima - solved!!!
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:08:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
pukruppa# maxima
GCL (GNU Common Lisp) (2.5.3) Do 25 Mr 2004 22:10:55 CET
Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Maxima 5.9.0 http://maxima.sourceforge.net
Distributed under the GNU Public License. See the file COPYING.
Dedicated to the memory of William Schelter.
This is a development version of Maxima. The function
bug_report()
provides bug reporting information.
(C1)
This looks OK. Please investigate what happens when TeXmacs starts Maxima.
You can hack /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_maxima a little (or where this
thing lives on BSD?) First, it's interesting to know what arguments
TeXmacs passes to tm_maxima.
On FreeBSD we have /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/tm_maxima ,
but that isn't the crucial file.
Important is that
/usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/maxima_detect
uses
#!/bin/bash
but bash lives in FreeBSD's linux compatibility system. When I change the first line to
#!/compat/linux/bin/bash
everything runs fine. No need to hack tm_maxima .

Thanks, I wouldn't have found that, if you hadn't pushed me into the right direction.

Regards,

Uli.

Andrey Grozin

| Peter Ulrich Kruppa |