Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs kills X

  • From: John Lin <address@hidden>
  • To: Christophe Raffalli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs kills X
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:22:24 -0400

I may be one of the lucky few.  Here is my environment:

system    :  dell latitude d600
os           :  win xp
cygwin    :  1.5.10-3
xorg-x11 :  6.7.0.0
TeXmacs: 1.0.3.3-1

John

Christophe Raffalli wrote:

Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs kills X
From:
Christophe Raffalli <address@hidden>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:41:41 +0200
To:
Ted Sariyski <address@hidden>
To:
Ted Sariyski <address@hidden>
Ted Sariyski wrote:
Just kills it. All X applications die. I use whatever comes with the standard cygwin distribution, I believe XFree. My video card is GeForce4.
Thanks,
Ted

We can still believe we hit both the same problem: XFree freeze under linux and exit abruptly under cygwin dose not
seem completely crazy.

As far as I can see the greatest common point of our configuration is that we have a DELL laptop ...

Does some on this list have a DELL laptop where TeXmacs never crashes X or with the same problem than us ? With what configuration ?