Re: [TeXmacs] alignment of figure captions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Kai Sattler <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] alignment of figure captions
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:05:28 +0100 (CET)

> However, what I would like to get is the caption text aligned like:
>
> Figure 1: This is a rather long description of the content shown
> in the figure above ...
>
> where "Figure 1:" is aligned to the left margin, and where the
> caption text starts 25mm from the left margin, with all following
> lines also aligned to this position.
>
> Does someone have an idea how this can be achieved?

You may use a table with one row and two columns for this.
1) Let the table span over the paragraph width.
2) For the right-hand cell, select 1 for distribute unused space.
3) For the left-hand cell, select a width of 25mm
4) For the right-hand cell, select hyphenation at the top and
multi-paragraph.
You may now put Figure xxx: in the left-hand cell and the caption
in the right-hand one.